Tuesday, December 15, 2015

What kind of dolls do I collect? How many do I have?

Up until recently, I only collected Sasha Morgenthaler vinyl dolls (the Trendons, not a big fan of the early or later Gotz).  Mine were all made in the early to mid 1980's.   I have one redhead boy


and four girls: two honey blonde, one redhead (with a face-up) and a brunette (ditto.)


and a Limited Edition Harlequin renamed Hannah.  She came with a little red guitar, a straw hat, and a terrible jester-type outfit that I sold on eBay.

She looks a lot better redressed, doesn't she?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~







I also have Ideal Tammy dolls (I currently have three Tammys and two Peppers (Tammy's little sister.).  They have been with me the longest.

About ten years ago I started collecting Sylvia Natterer vinyl dolls.  They are similar to the Sasha's in articulation and expression.  I love their little faces!  I have one vinyl baby, four of the 13" Minouche and two 16.5" Zwergnase girls (Claire and Aurora from 2004).  There are a few random dolls, too:  a small cloth body Kathe Kruse and a larger vinyl KK.   Every once in a while I start to panic at the amount of dolls that live with me and start selling them off, which is why I only have five Sasha's left.

I said goodbye to a White Balloon Milly doll.  I miss her, but her cartoonish face really didn't fit in very well with the rest of my kids.





I recently picked up a funny little Beatrice Perini from the thrift store for $1.50.  She's got really short hair and two buck teeth, and I think she's supposed to look like her stuffed rabbit that wasn't with her anymore. 


I will probably sell her eventually, but for now she enjoys hanging out with the Minouche girls.


to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment